Time moves in one direction, memory in another. —William Gibson
- Traversing the expanses that divide us
- I have waited long enough on the length
- Of what is to be seen across
- Like it was wrong to avoid, and
- Reason, and worry, grinned.
- What lingers on and winds away I don’t care again
- To bother with a knowing look:
- Things will never change, changed,
- Leaning into what’s keeping them
- Completely lost to time
- Forgetting what you can still remember
- And remembering what you deeply forgot.
- But rather than guessing, I’m begging you not to try
- And it has just began, you can always stay
- And wonder if you knew.